When David and I got engaged, one of the things we were both excited about was creating a wedding registry. I had seen a few ads for online registries that let you add items from anywhere, so after doing our research we decided to go with ZOLA. Since both of us lived independently for a while, we already had so many home essentials (coffee maker, microwave, plates, bowls, coffee cups) and we wanted a registry that would give us a little more freedom.
WEDDING REGISTRY TIPS
- Include items from all price points. It’s important to remember that your guests will all have different budgets, and not everyone is able to splurge on that new Kitchen Aid for you even if they want to! We included items from about $10 up to super pricey new paddle boards (which we didn’t get – haha!). I noticed that there were two average wedding gifts: about $50 and $100. If you can find items that are close to either, that’s a great place to start!
- Register early. We got our registry finalized right before sending out our save the dates. It was convenient for our guests who plan early!
- Figure out what you actually need. This one is REALLY important. Don’t register for a bunch of crap just because you feel like you need to put something on your registry, and don’t register for a bunch of cooking supplies if y’all never cook! In the course of a couple weeks, make a list of things you find yourselves thinking, ‘it would have been really nice to have X.’ For us, that ended up being things like a pizza cutter, extra mixing bowls, and other miscellaneous kitchen things because we cook a ton.
- Think of your guests. When David and I registered, we tried to find the best prices for every item we chose. That meant including items from all over the internet, and we found quite a few awesome deals on Amazon. It’s okay if you don’t register for everything from Bed, Bath, and Beyond!
- Check your categories. We found it helpful to break our gifts into the following sections: Kitchen & Dining, Home, For the Bride, For the Groom, and Fun & Miscellany.
- Let your personalities shine! We had SO much fun picking out things that we needed, but also adding fun things that weren’t another set of towels or plates. Including board games and wedding day experiences were a great way to add more gifts without adding filler gifts.
OUR WEDDING REGISTRY ESSENTIALS
- Kitchen Aid. Okay I know this is THE cliche of all cliche wedding gifts but I have used mine literally every week since we got married! We also received this juicer attachment and it is freaking AWESOME.
- Knife Set. This was mostly something David was excited about, but we got an amazing knife set. You never realize just how awesome it is having sharp knives until you have them.
- Nice linens. We took the opportunity to upgrade both our sheets and towels – and are so glad we did! I feel so fancy using nice linens as opposed to the ones we’ve had since college.
- Wedding day lunch. We included the option to pay for the wedding party’s lunch (we got Panera!) on the day of our wedding. It was so awesome having that cost taken care of and knowing that everyone would eat!
- Experiences. We chose to include a monthly wine subscription because we love wine but always gravitate towards the same brands. We’re starting the second month now and love all the options Club W has to offer! If you aren’t a wine drinker you can always add in a gift certificate to a place that y’all have always wanted to go (camping, dining, pottery making, you name it!).
I’d love to hear from y’all too! What was your favorite thing you registered for? What did you register for but find that you didn’t need?